I have always struggled with eating breakfast … for a multitude of reasons. This has made me excited to eat breakfast, it’s absolutely delicious! It’s a great “Make ahead of time” breakfast for those busy mornings. It might be fun to experiment with different flavors too!
Recipe Credit: www.meaningfuleats.com
What you will need:
Serving size: 4
• 13.5 oz Coconut milk
• 2 egg yolks
• 1 banana, sliced
• 4 dates
• 1 tbsp vanilla
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/4 c chia seeds
• Top with Banana & Toasted Walnuts
How it’s done:
1. In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks. When the milk starts to scald, remove from heat and add 1 c to the yolks while mixing with a whisk. Add the egg/milk mixture back to the remaining milk. Using medium, heat milk for about 5 min. Stirring continually, DO NOT BOIL the mixture. It should thicken slightly. Set aside and let it cool to an appropriate temp for your blender… mine is 115 degrees.
2. In your blender add all ingredients EXCEPT the chia seeds. Blend until very smooth.
3. Add Chia seeds, blend just until well incorporated .
4. Pour mixture into 4 ramekins or small jars, cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Top with Banana and toasted walnuts … yummy!