Some of my favorite memories visiting Vermont involve these wonderful Doughnuts. I was thrilled to find these online and even more excited when they turned out exactly as I remember! While I definitely don’t make a habit of Deep Frying, these guys may have proved “worth the trouble”. I used SmittenKitchen.com recipe and it did NOT disappoint so I thought it was worth the “share”! Enjoy!
So, who doesn’t love doughnuts and coffee on Saturday mornings?! I am definitely guilty of “cheating” with the traditional fried doughy goodness bombs …But now I have a GREAT Grain Free, baked option!
What you will need:
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut milk (almond works too)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Doughnut pan
How it’s Done:
- Pre-heat to 350
- In two, separate bowls, mix all dry ingredients together and then all wet together.
- Mix both wet & dry together, and put mixture into a storage baggie/piping bag to make the transfer to the donut pan easier.
- Bake for 15-20 min
For the Glaze: (this IS NOT primal/paleo, but it’s so good…who cares!)
While the doughnuts are baking… Use a small sauce pan and heat to a boil.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- a touch or maple syrup
- pinch of salt
DO not heat, just set aside for now
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- Stir ingredients (except cream cheese) over heat and bring to a quick boil
- Then reduce heat and continue to stir until all ingredients incorporate well.
- Pour into heat safe bowl and mix with cream cheese until smooth. Then set aside.
- Once Doughnuts have cools slightly, you can spread the glaze over the top of each doughnut and enjoy!
Doughnut Recipe Concept from: slimplate.com