What You Will Need:
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 7 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How it’s Done:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Use a 8×8 pan and line it with overhung sheets of crisscrossed unbleached parchment paper, and set the pan aside.
- Place the chocolate and oil in a small, heat-safe bowl and use a Double Broil method. Melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat, and allow to cool briefly.
- Once the chocolate mixture is no longer hot to the touch, pour the chocolate mixture into the bottom of a blender, and add all of the remaining ingredients, in the order listed. Blend until smooth. You may have to stop the blender a couple times to scrape down the sides. IF YOU DO NOT blend the batter, but rather just mix it with a spoon, the brownies may be a bit grainy after baking.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared pan, and smooth into an even layer with a wet spatula. Smack the bottom of the pan squarely on the counter a couple times to break any air bubbles trapped inside. Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing from the pan by holding onto the overhung pieces of parchment paper. Slice into squares and serve.
Recipe from: http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/super-fudgy-paleo-brownies/
These are dangerously rich little desserts…you have been warned! Note: I re-worked this recipe from its original form quite a bit…I feel like I also must say that I found these to be very dense…still VERY good…but maybe the recipe could use further “tweaking”. Maybe my baking friends out there could give it a go…
What you will need:
-For the Brownie-
- 8×8 pan
- parchment paper
- 6 eggs
- 1.5 c of raw unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 c of coconut sugar
- 9 tbsp of Coconut oil (melted)
- 6 tbsp Vanilla
- 2 pinches of salt
-For the Cheesecake-
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (room temp)
- 1/3 c Heavy Cream
- 1/3 c Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 eggs (room Temp)
How it’s Done:
- Preheat Oven 350
- BROWNIE: Add all dry ingredients, in a medium bowl whisk eggs together, add slowly into dry mix until well combined. Add coconut oil and vanilla…mix well. Pour into 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper. Bake 15-20 min. I checked mine with a toothpick at 20 min and it was perfect.
- Cheesecake: Beat all the ingredients together until smooth. It is very important that the cream cheese be at room temp as it WILL have little chunks. Pour over a slightly cooled brownie layer.
- Return to oven for 25-30 min…30 min worked for me (use toothpick again)
- Allow the bars to cool before serving. I ended up having mine in the refrigerator overnight before they were served
OPTIONAL: We topped ours with Dark Chocolate Sauce, and fresh Raspberries. I think Coconut Ice Cream would be divine!! (next time)
Recipe Inspiration from: http://thecoconutmama.com