ALL photos are mine…enjoy as I discover this new love capturing food with my camera. I am a long time fan of food. I have spent the past few years refining my thoughts on what we put into our bodies. My food now focuses on Fresh food, Local food, & Real food.
My primary focus with food is this…
I get my carbs from my veggie intake and I am NOT afraid of fat…if it’s the right kind of fat i.e. coconut oil, ghee, and fat from grass fed meat.
This is NOT a diet, it is my plan to eat this way for the rest of my life, or as long as I can cook. If you need to put a name on what we do…it looks similar to a Primal diet (http://www.marksdailyapple.com)
- I try to only eat grass fed beef/bison/lamb, organic chicken and pork. I am working on the local aspect…ideally we will get all of our meat and eggs from farms in southern California.
- True Local Pastured eggs only.
- No processed food…less than 5 ingredients that you are able to pronounce, is my rule.
- Most of the time…No refined sugar…I use raw local honey, coconut sugar, and dates as my sweeteners.
- I DO eat dairy, which goes against all of the paleo/primal forms…but we love our cheese!!