WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil (more if using cast-iron)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 6-8 cloves garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Juice of one lemon (at least 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1-2 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Optional: Capers
HOW IT’S DONE:
- In a medium sized skillet heat the olive oil over medium low heat. Generously salt & pepper the salmon and add to the skillet skin sized down. Heat for about 5 minutes and flip the salmon to the other side and cook for another 5 minutes until the salmon is brown and center is slightly pink. Remove salmon and set aside on a plate.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook until tender. Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, and lemon juice. In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch and water. Add to the sauce. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Add the salmon back to the skillet and heat through. Add fresh dill to the sauce, top with lemon, capers and serve.