This is 1 of 2 posts, since they fit together so beautifully, I had to do them together!
I know not everyone is doing the Primal/Paleo thing…and that is totally fine with me! BUT I DO believe in taking the time to educate yourself on what exactly you are putting into your body 3+ times a day.
So,I have not been a big Mayonnaise fan for years now…but there are times when you could really use the help of that flavor enhancing sauce; in addition, this “aioli” fad is definitely bringing mayo back into the spotlight. Now, I AM NOT talking about that store bought stuff! (once you have made your own, the fact that store bought mayo is white…totally freaks me out!) The danger with store bought Mayo is in the ingredients…specifically Canola oil! If you have ever dabbled into the “Paleo realm” you know about NomNomPaleo.com … and this comes directly from her! It is TRULY amazing, and turns Mayo into a whole new, delicious, addition to almost anything!!
What you will need:
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1.5 tsp lemon juice (I have used lemons or limes)
- 1 tsp white Vinegar
- 3/4 c macadamia nut oil or avocado oil (I used avocado)
**Important – ALL ingredients should be at room temperature
How it’s Done:
- Mix all ingredients (EXCEPT the oil) into a bowl. (I cheated and used my emulsifier/whisking tool, so I used the provided mixing canister)
- VERY IMPORTANT! Add the oil VERY slowly and in 1/4 cup increments (it helps to have an extra set of hands in the kitchen for this part)
- Once you reach the desired texture, you are done!