This is a “side dish” in my house, but could easily be a meal all by itself. I understand, not everyone likes Broccoli Rabe, but think this combination is a great way to balance and enhance the flavors of both main ingredients! …AND it’s easy!
What you will need:
- 8-10 oz of Italian sausage
- 4 cups Broccoli Rabe (chopped)
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (sliced thin)
- Parmesan (shredded or shaved)
- Salt & Pepper
How it’s done:
- Bring a med/lg pot of heavily salted water to a boil, and blanch the broccoli rabe for 2 min, or until bright green. Drain well, and set aside.
- In a large pan, cook sausage completely. (If sausage is in casing, remove before cooking)
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil & garlic to the cooked sausage…cook for 2 more min
- Add the blanched broccoli rabe, cook for another 2 min OR until the stalk pieces are just tender.
- Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste, top with parmesan cheese…and serve!
Recipe Credit from: Ibreatheimhungry.com