What You Will Need:
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 7 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
How it’s Done:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Use a 8×8 pan and line it with overhung sheets of crisscrossed unbleached parchment paper, and set the pan aside.
- Place the chocolate and oil in a small, heat-safe bowl and use a Double Broil method. Melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat, and allow to cool briefly.
- Once the chocolate mixture is no longer hot to the touch, pour the chocolate mixture into the bottom of a blender, and add all of the remaining ingredients, in the order listed. Blend until smooth. You may have to stop the blender a couple times to scrape down the sides. IF YOU DO NOT blend the batter, but rather just mix it with a spoon, the brownies may be a bit grainy after baking.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared pan, and smooth into an even layer with a wet spatula. Smack the bottom of the pan squarely on the counter a couple times to break any air bubbles trapped inside. Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing from the pan by holding onto the overhung pieces of parchment paper. Slice into squares and serve.