So I’ve been making this for the past few weeks….fine tuning the flavors each time. Garbanzo/chickpeas are not a regular thing in my kitchen, but I absolutely love this salad/side dish and had to share!
What you will Need:
- 1 bunch broccolini, or broccoli, cut into long florets
- 1 bunch Tuscan or Lacinato kale, stemmed (if large) and torn
- 1½ cups/240 g cooked chickpeas (see below) or canned, drained
- 1 clove garlic,chrushed
- ¼ cup/60 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- thinly sliced green onions
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Chili Powder
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- A few VERY thin slices of Black radish
- OPTIONAL: fresh ricotta cheese
How it’s Done:
Preheat the broiler to high.
place the Chickpeas on a cooking sheet, sprinkle with Chili powder, roast them on their own for 5-8 min.
Toss the broccolini, kale, onions, and garlic with the olive oil. Season lightly with sea salt, pepper and add red pepper flakes to taste (I like a decent amount) and spread on a large rimmed baking sheet. Broil the sheet, tossing halfway through cooking, until the kale is crispy and the broccoli just tender and charred but still bright green, about 5 minutes. Add bacon, radish slices, and squeeze the juice from two lemon wedges all over the top and toss together.
Plate the salad and top each with a dollop of ricotta. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Orginal idea from: http://edibleliving.blogspot.com