Honestly, I am not sure what I LOVE more…Bacon or Avocado! With this recipe, you don’t have to choose and that makes it another favorite at my house. This was derived from my baked potato cravings…since I limit my starches (potatoes)…I needed something to fill the void! These work fantastic as a appetizer or as a side dish.
What you will need:
- 2 ripe (but firm) Avocados
- 6-8 strips of cooked Bacon (I prefer thick cut)
- 1.5 c cheddar cheese
- Greek yogurt
How it’s Done:
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Half and pit the Avocados
- Cook Bacon (note: I bake mine in the oven – see instructions at the bottom)
- Chop Bacon and fill each avocado half as full as possible
- Top bacon and avocado with cheese
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes (or until cheese is bubbly)
- Remove and top with Greek Yogurt and serve!
- Line a rimmed** cookie sheet. with parchment paper, place strips of bacon on sheet.
- Turn the oven to 400 degrees and place bacon in oven immediately (do not preheat)
- Bake for 20-25 min, remove and let cool on paper towels to soak up extra grease
**A rimmed cookie sheet may seem to be common sense BUT you would be surprised! I have heard of one too many grease fires, and I don’t recommend it!