I am always looking for a good soup and this one is a winner! I had not worked with Wild Rice before this and I was pleasantly surprised…it’s a fantastic “add” to any soup.
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 finley chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3/4 lb thin sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 2.5 cups of cooked wild rice
- 2 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp dry sherry
- 1.5 cups heavy cream (amount can be to taste)
How it’s done:
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery,& carrots; sauté for 5 min. Then add mushrooms, sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add flour gradually, stir well. Gradually pour in the chicken broth, stirring constantly, until added. Bring just to boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer
- Add the rice, chicken, salt, curry powder, mustard powder, parsley, ground pepper, and sherry.
- Allow it to heat thru, then pour in cream.
- Let simmer for 1 hr (DO NOT let it boil or your roux will break)