I think LIME and CILANTRO are some of my favorite flavors…add shrimp and we may have reached perfection! I made this as a side, but it would be fantastic as a filler for lettuce cups.
Total Prep Time: 30 min (Shrimp cleaning/deveining & cooking takes the bulk of the time)
What you will need:
- 1 lb jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined, chopped* (Note: I always grill my shrimp over open flame…better flavor!)
- 1.5 c of halved grape tomatoes
- 2 hass avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3-4 Fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1c chopped cilantro (I may have added more)
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
How it’s done:
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion
- In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño.
- Combine all the ingredients together,
- add cilantro and gently toss.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.skinnytaste.com