Paleo/Primal Friendly Cookies – AND they actually taste GOOD!!!
Time: 15 minutes prep
Bake Time: 15 minutes
What you will need:
- 3 cups Almond Meal
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Raw Honey
- 2 Tbl Virgin Coconut Oil (melted)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
How it’s Done:
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together with a fork. Includes: almond meal, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts to the dry mixture and stir evenly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together (honey, oil, vanilla extract, and egg).
- You may need to heat the honey and oil in order to liquefy them. Be sure to heat BEFORE you add the egg.
- Make a crater in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the whisked wet ingredients.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until evenly mixed.
- I used my hands to make 1tbsp sized, cookie balls, and then gently flattened them (into the shape I wanted) in my palm. The cookies don’t expand much during baking, the shape you make will stick.
- Bake for 15 minutes then let cool for at least 5 minutes.
- The cookies will not come off the parchment paper very easily if they’re too warm.
Recipe Credit: www.fedandfit.com